Join Us For Day Camp with Rainbow Trail!
Bethel has again partnered with Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp (RTLC) to create a Day Camp program that will bring the joys of camp to Bethel. Bethel volunteers and RTLC staff have worked together to create a program and schedule that is unique to Bethel. “Breaking All the Rules: Following Jesus’ Lead” is for kids entering 1st grade up to entering 8th grade (2017-18 school year). Rainbow Trail staff will be coming to Bethel to lead the kids in worship, bible studies, crafts, games, and special activities such as drama, music, and a service project. An overview of some of the activities to take place on the Bethel campus include:
- Sondance – Each day begins with an interactive time to introduce the daily theme through use of scripture, song, drama, puppets, etc. This experience is a great place for Pastors or church staff to participate in fun and meaningful ways.
- Bible Study – The Bible Study and week’s theme will unfold in small groups – (led by RTLC staff and Bethel adult volunteer teachers). Bible stories and experiential learning activities are stressed.
- Music – Music is an integral part of the Day Camp program. We will incorporate music into worship as well as provides it as one of the daily activity sessions.
- Recreation – Fun, non-competitive, outdoor games appropriate to each age group.
- Arts and Crafts – The campers make something each day that ties in with the daily theme and provides them an opportunity to bring Day Camp home to their family. Arts and crafts are generally “from scratch,” not pre-fab workbook material.
- Devotions/Rest – This is a quiet time to review what was learned during the day. Counselors may use picture drawing, journal writing, or stories to help in this time for reflection.
- Lunch – Each day children bring a sack lunch for the noon meal. Bethel will a drink and for other snacks desired. Bethel will also provide lunches for the camp staff.
- Special Activities – We’re still working out the details but plan to offer special activities, like visits to parks or pools, or visits from the fire or police department during the week. These most often happen as part of the the afternoon schedule.
- Closing – This is a wrap up of the day filled with more singing and fun. It’s a great way to review the theme of the day and send kids home excited about what they’ve learned.
Schedule and Costs
July 17-21, 2017 from 9 AM – 3 PM each day (except on July 21nd we will finish with a closing program at 12 pm followed by a lunch). The cost for the week is $65 per child.
HELP WANTED: Day Camp 2017 VOLUNTEERS: Do you like working with kids and sharing God’s Word? We have a job for you! The Day Camp program is in need of adult and youth volunteers to guide groups of kids, lead rotation stations, and prepare snacks July 17th- 21st. Before the Day Camp week, we are also in need of volunteers to help prep materials, decorate, and bring in snacks. All volunteers helping are asked to attend training sessions to be scheduled.
Please contact Pastor Dave if you are interested in helping ([email protected]).